Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bipolar Art Therapy - A better day

(Just laying down the first colors)

Bipolar scattered thinking does get in the way a lot but, being creative and submerging in some kind of artistic endeavor is almost always therapeutic for me. Yesterday I did force myself to get things together and paint a little. I am glad I did as it did give me a little lift and I must say that it feels nice to title my post today. It is amazing sometimes how long it takes to 'get things together'. Laying out all the paints, brushes, water, etc. must have taken over an hour and everything was right there within reach! It seems like my brain runs fast but my body's reactions are like trying to hike waist deep through pudding.

Hubby got batteries for my camera so above is a picture of the water color I am working on (kinda fuzzy,sorry) I will add progress photos of artwork to the slide show at the top right of the blog as I go along and below are the crochet pieces I mentioned in my other post.

I will keep posting progress as I go along.



Here is a great article I stumbled across today. This is something which I really believe in and helps me personally. See what you think.

Craft Therapy for Mood Disorders


Another feature I will have time to time on the blog is my movie pick for the night. I enjoy my Netflix and certainly get my money's worth!


Tonight's Netflix Pix

The Glass Menagerie

(Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie)
1973NR105 minutes

Katharine Hepburn makes her television dramatic debut as overbearing matriarch Amanda Wingfield in Tennessee Williams's poignant play. Amanda's unrealistic dreams for her children's futures threaten to smother her painfully shy daughter (Joanna Miles) and her aspiring writer son (Sam Waterston). Michael Moriarty plays the gentleman caller whose visit disrupts the family's precarious balance. Moriarty and Miles won Emmys for their performances.

Katherine Hepburn is always great and I'm looking forward to this one!


If you are bipolar I would love it if you would become a follower here and we could keep tabs on one anothers experiences. I would especially love to see your creative work if you enjoy that as much as I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates |